Hello all,

It’s been six months since we started our Grand National project and it’s finally time to go for a ride and test this old beast out in a variety of ways. Thanks as always for watching and for visiting my website!

This entry was posted in Buick Grand National. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Tom’s Turbo Garage: Buick Grand National Street and Strip Upgrades Part 6: Results!

1. pete says:

I watched your first video and couldn’t stop, they were great. Here is my future project collecting dust:

It’s an ’87 with a built motor, tranny, rear, and suspension. It even has a Kenny Belle intake made for direct port nitrous, and the NOS brand direct port system made for that intake! It has a knock gauge, pyrometer, trans break, alcohol injection, and an inner cooler sprayer. The previous owner wanted to restore it to original and gave up. Most things have been disconnected in a half “butted” fashion. I was able to buy it and have held it for 7 years. One of these days I’ll be going through the same process you did in your videos, it was very inspiring to see someone tackle their project. You also gave me some ideas on what to do with my lame blinky stereo and some of the gauges.

Congrats on finishing a great car!

• Tom says:

Thank you for the kind words and great message Pete! Thank you also for the pictures, your car looks great! I love to hear about those rare parts like the intake too. I wish you the best of luck with your car and please let me know how it goes!

2. Greg says:

Now that is the video updates I really enjoy. Love the track results. Nice work again Tom.

Greg

3. Jimmy Hansen says:

Hey Tom,
    I found you on youtube while just checking out some GN upgrades…I seen one of your video s and couldn’t help but to take a seat and watch them all..Great job with the tips and what you have done with your GN is all I would do also! Great job and enjoyed the clips…Have to ask you one thing,when i seen chips trans shop i was thinking it was in my back yard on chapman hwy. Am i dreaming or is there other chips??

Thanks Brother,

Jimmy

• Tom says:

Hi Jimmy and thank you for the kind words! I’m glad you enjoy the videos too. That is the same Chips Transmissions, they do have another location in the area though. Good luck and have fun with your car! -Tom

4. Doug says:

Tom I just want to say thanks you have inspired me to work on my car again.i have and 85 GN with everything to convert to an 87 setup but when the guy who was guiding me along (Jay Frick from jays GN) passed away and I lost interest. I have been on many websites but all you get is flack, you are so kind with your words and the way you do things its inspiring.thanks you have my email contact me when you get time .thanks

• Tom says:

That’s great to hear Doug and thank you for taking the time to tell me that! Best of luck with your Grand National project, they sure are fun cars to own and drive!

5. Scott says:

Tom: Really been enjoying the vids of your GN, thanks. Hey, I might be taking a longshot here, but I’m interested in getting my first GN, and have been trying to get one that’s basically stock to start with. I’m in PA, but there’s one (1987) that seems nice for sale at Streetside Classics in Charlotte, NC. Any chance you ever get paid for your time to inspect a turbo vehicle, specifically a GN? If so, let me know via my email. I wasn’t sure how close that was for you, or if you had the time even if the amount was sufficient to cover your expenses and “time & expertise”. Like I said, I knew it might be a longshot, but thought I’d ask. Scott.

• Tom says:

Hi Scott,

Thank you for the very generous offer and I’m flattered that you would consider me for something like this! Unfortunately I don’t have the time given my other responsibilities. I wish you the best on your search and I’m glad that you enjoyed the videos! -Tom