Tom’s Turbo Garage: Eagle Talon AWD Turbo Upgrade – Finale!

Hello Everyone, the Talon is back on the road! In this update, we finish up the remaining to-dos and go for a ride! For more photos and stuff, check out the regular update here.

This entry was posted in Talon/DSM/Evo. Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Tom’s Turbo Garage: Eagle Talon AWD Turbo Upgrade – Finale!

1. Greg says:

Nice to see the progress you have made on the Talon, looking forward to some track results.

Greg

2. Kyle says:

Fack…..nearly hit ludicrous speed there, Shep’ would be proud!

Btw, ive always wanted to ask…what do you do for a living tom?? I mean you have your own turbo fleet, & your garage would make the guys on the Speed Channel crap themselves. So what is it, accountant for the mob? International arms dealer??

Thanks! I’m glad to be approaching ludicrous speed, but you know I’m gunning for plaid! (I see your Spaceballs reference and raise you, muhahaha!) As for my career it would bore you to tears if I attempted to explain it here. The short answer is that it’s fairly nerdy and involves computers. It’s all on the up and up though! 🙂

3. Fish says:

It is painfully obvious that Tom makes his living solely on product placement and endorsements.

I am only now after some 6 years or so realizing my subconscious desires to buy:

Mitsubishi
    Lincoln Welding
    ECMTuning
    HKS
    Garrett
    Magnus
    Tial
    Buschur Racing
    Electromechanical Research Laboratories
    Mazda
    Jay Racing
    Golan

and last but not least, I am having the hardest time explaining to family and friends my unyielding desire to own Legos and Buicks.

Best blog comment ever. You just gave me the best idea for a future video- one that is just filthy with product placement and endorsements! Oh, man it’s gonna be great. Thanks for the laugh, sir!

4. Kyle says:

I predict that the next addition to the fleet will be an Omni GLH….

5. Greg says:

Turbo Mopars are my Achilles, love them. [IMG]http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll8/unluckyty92/00ad0283.jpg[/IMG]

Gre

6. Steve Wells says:

Very nice work indeed. I’m trying to track down a Talon way over here in NZ, so far all I’ve found is a totally track-prepped one (complete with roll cage!) which is hardly “sleeper” material. I’ll keep on hunting, may have to resort to self-importing one.

Good reading, thanks for the site!

Thank you Steve! Good luck on your quest. It’s a shame there are folks like you trying hard to find one of these cars, while here in the U.S. they are being parted out and sent to the crusher daily. Thanks again for the kind words!

7. Will says:

Hey Tom, what size tires is the ol’ Talon running?

8. Will says:

Hola Tom. Is that a non recirculated BOV? Just wondering because I thought you had to have a GM MAF or Speed Density to correctly run one of those. I’m probably wrong, though. I heard you say that you have an EVO 8 MAS. I looked into it on the forums but couldn’t find anything on that setup.

Hi Will! Yes, I use a Tial non-recirculated BOV. I currently run ECMLink with an Evo 8 MAS, which allows you to run a non-recirc BOV on a MAS equipped car. That said, I will be switching to speed density only because I’m outflowing the Evo 8 MAS by a ton. I’m sure I’ll miss the GREAT light throttle drivability that the ECMLink/MAS setup offers.