2008 Lexus IS-F: 1/4 Mile Drag Racing

So I did get to do a little car stuff recently, I hustled up to Bristol Dragway in my IS-F to make a couple passes in the cool(er) air. I’m very happy with the time/mph, especially given that it only has my DIY muffler delete and a set of drag radials.

This entry was posted in Lexus IS-F. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to 2008 Lexus IS-F: 1/4 Mile Drag Racing

1. Bob says:

The car sounds great with the mufflers removed. How is the sound quality when driving steady speed on the freeway? Do you get a lot of “drone”? Can you still hear the stereo good?

Thanks! There is considerable drone at low engine speeds (1800-2100) RPM and under light/medium load. It was fine on the highway, but the low speed stuff was making me crazy, so I swapped in two small Magnaflow canister style mufflers instead of just straight pipes. It sounds even better now and the drone is gone. Good luck!

2. Tony N. says:

Impressive times! A luxurious 12 second daily driver, I love it! Good choice on the Starfire Pearl white!!!

3. Andrew says:

I was reviewing your muffler delete DIY – where did you get the factory rear exhaust section? I can only seem to find it with mufflers attached ($800+)

Thanks,
    Andrew

4. Jim Ahrens says:

cool web site. Why cant you use the factory y pipe that the car comes with? Are you getting any warning lights or engine issues with the F car with muffler delete? Sounds good!

Thank you! I did use the factory y-pipe, I just cut off the factory mufflers, made flanges at the end of those cuts and then welded flanges to both a pair of straight pipes and stock mufflers so I could run either setup. You can see lots of pictures of the process by visiting my IS-F website. The link is at the top of the page- can’t include links in these comments for some reason. Have a good one!